While this visa is for tourists, it is also for those with business purpose.

A person on a B1 visa is coming to engage in business other than work. The individuals must have a foreign residency overseas that the person has no intension of abandoning. The following activities indicate activities for business, activities of commercial or professional nature when a person is not for hire, the accrual of profits is mostly overseas, the activity furthers international commerce or the person is directed by a foreign employer, payment is abroad and services are not part of U.S labor market and not the ones for which U.S workers have to be hired. Under these circumstances a person may be admitted as B1 if he is coming to negotiate transactions or participate in a business conference.


This visa is designed for tourists. Tourists are defined as someone who is coming to the United States for pleasure. The consular officer must be convinced that the person coming into the United States will not engage in work, is coming for short period of time with a clear intension, and will depart the United States at the end of the visit.

Extension of Stay

If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Please contact us, so we can help you file your extension of stay with USCIS. Extension of stay may not be filed for certain categories.